COVID-19 Volunteer Support
You can help!
Hello AMAZING Supporters of The Link,
The Link’s priority has always been and continues to be the safety and well-being of our youth and young family program participants, youth and adult staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, donors and partners. We will be taking all of the recommendations of the MN Department of Health as well as additional measures to ensure the safety of everyone and to do our part of slowing the spread of COVID-19 / coronavirus.
In addition to our extra on-site precautions, The Link has made the decision to cancel all onsite and external volunteer opportunities that exist in groups or deal with food preparation. That being said, our youth and community need us more than ever AND we need you more than ever. Below is a list of ways you can help!
- Facebook Fundraisers- easy to set up OR you can share our fundraiser
- Send an email to friends and family linking to our online giving page
2. We are asking that all in-kind donations be made online through our Amazon Wish List. We appreciate your support but are minimizing the amount of traffic going in and out of our youth spaces.
3. Gift Cards – these keep local businesses going at this time – if you would like to buy gift cards for our youth to use, especially if they can use them now for groceries/gas or ordering things online those can be sent to 1210 Glenwood Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55405 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. We will soon be asking all of our volunteers and donors to help support or youth and young families by contacting their local/state representatives to help get appropriate funding passed to help meet the expanding needs of programs like ours. We would love your help doing this and will get you information as soon as we possibly can.