The Youth Connection Center (YCC) is a 24/7 safe and supervised space for youth ages 10 through 17 who have been picked up for status or low level offenses and/or who have been identified as sex trafficked by law enforcement in Hennepin County. Youth are screened for strengths and risk factors, connected to resources, returned to school or home and given follow-up services when appropriate (including case stabilization or case management).
The YCC provides immediate intervention, preventing youth from becoming the victims of violent crimes, offering them a positive alternative to incarceration and allowing police to be more present in the community by offering a place for youth to be dropped off.
The YCC staff provide redirection and resource referrals for first-time offenders, ongoing case management for youth who need more support, and crisis support for families in need of immediate services.
Youth who visit the Youth Connection Center receive:
- Risk and needs screening
- Mental health screening and connections to on-going mental health therapy
- Assistance with parental and guardian involvement
- Enriching and educational activities for youth
- Information on rights and responsibilities
- Connections to resources and referrals to community services
- Aftercare services tailored to the unique needs of each youth, including:
Case Stabilization: Short term services to youth who are experiencing crises
Case Management: One-to-one support for youth and families who need additional services
- All sex trafficked youth are connected with The Link’s West Metro Regional Navigator and provided with services specifically for sexually exploited/trafficked youth.
For more information regarding the YCC, please contact Josh Terrio, Program Manager:
612-673-5465 | email@example.com
The Youth Connection Center is located at:
505 4th Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55415