COVID-19 has also changed our financial landscape and will continue to do so as the outbreak continues. Areas of concern in funding that we anticipate to worsen with time are:
- We estimate that we will see a decrease in 2020 general operating funding by $560,000 based on the cancellation/rescheduling of events, decrease in donor giving and the decrease in corporate/foundation engagement
- Uncertainty in grant funding through 2021 (at this time we are unable to estimate the impact of grant funding)
- Loss of $300,000+ in in-kind donation items/kits etc (basic needs supplies) that our volunteers and corporate partners will no longer be able to make/give based on social distancing, available items and lack of large scale volunteer events
- Hourly Rate Increases between $2-5 for our staff who are providing crisis intervention, emergency shelter, housing AND the additional health care precautions and care for youth within our programs during this uncertain time – through July 3, 2020 will be $205,033
- Overtime for staff who need to cover for sick or medically compromised staff – $22,000 through July 3, 2020
- We estimate that Paid Sick Time for staff who extend their current PTO will be $15,000 through July 3, 2020
- Additional Cleaning supplies: $15,000 through July 3, 2020
- Additional on-site health supplies (thermometers, over the counter medications): $11,500 (estimated at $500 / Program)
- Program Supplies and Activities to help our “Isolation Rooms” be youth friendly and comfortable for youth who are sick and Activity and On-Site Educational Supplies to help keep youth busy while there is no School: $1,000 a program – $21,000
- Flexible Fund to help youth with rent, utilities and other basic needs who have been laid off: $20,000- 30,000
- Additional Technology Costs (getting accounting onto Quickbooks, home printers/scanners, additional laptops, etc.): $4,000
We have always appreciated the generous support of our community partners and are even more grateful in these very difficult times. Thank you so much! Best wishes for the health and safety of you and your loved ones!
Donate now and help The Link provide shelter, support and basic needs to youth & families in our community!